New Church: Bells

Home | Afflington | Blashenwell | Church (new) | Church (old) | Encombe House | Hill Bottom | Kingston House | Lynch | School | Scoles | Scott Arms | South Street | The Lane | Vicarage (old) | Wesleyan Chapel | West Street


Church (new) | Architect | Bells | Organ |

The tower, which is somewhat disproportionate in size to the rest of the church, was made large enough to contain a full peal of eight bells, which were cast and installed by John Taylor & Co., of Loughborough, in 1880. The bells range in weight from the treble of 6¾  cwt. to the tenor of 26¾ cwt. The peal is in the key of D. The treble and tenor bells were recast when the peal was rehung in 1921. Kingston’s bells are well known for their quality, and teams of ringers have come from far and wide to ring them.

Two additional bells were hung in 2000. See Dove’s Guide for Church Bell Ringers for fuller information on all bells.

Page last updated: 19 March 2021

Comments are closed.