The Lane

Home | Afflington | Blashenwell | Church (new) | Church (old) | Encombe House | Hill Bottom | Kingston House | Lynch School | Scoles | Scott Arms | South Street | The Lane | Vicarage (old)Wesleyan Chapel | West Street


The Lane runs northward from West Street next to Forge Cottage past the Scott Arms car park and then turns westward running downhill towards the lower carriage way.


There were no mention of any street names in Kingston until the 1881 census when South Street only was listed. The 1901 census saw the addition of West Street and The Lane.  The 1911 census saw a temporary blip when East Street made a guest appearance only to disappear thereafter.

Comments are closed.